Psychodrama 101: An Orientation to the Basics
Mary Anna Palmer LICSW, LMFT, Certified Psychodramatist
NEW DATES COMING SOON
March 21, 2014 Friday 6 pm - 9:00 pm
March 22, 2014 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
March 23, 2014 9 am - 5:00 pm
NEW Venue: AMANAE CENTER, 2324 37th St., East, Minneapolis, MN 55406
This group is for people who are new to Psychodrama and for those who are passionate about the method. During this sixteen hour training, group participants will learn about the five elements of psychodrama, warm-up, action and sharing; and some basic psychodramatic concepts such as doubling and role reversal. People will be introduced to beginning Sociometry and will have a chance to learn the psychodramatic process through group participation.
To Register: Send your name and address, phone numbers to
Psychodrama Center 2130 Cliff Rd, Suite 200, Eagan MN 55122
Email to email@example.com
call 612-920-3745 for more information
Fee: $ 345.00 for 16 hours of training includes lunch on each day
Send fees by check made payable to: Psychodrama Center
CEU's Approved for
Board of Marriage and Family Therapy,
Board of Social Work, Board of Psychology
Some reduction in fees for full time students and retirees/unemployed
credit cards also accepted
This workshop provides 16 hours towards certification by the American Board of Examiners
in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy.
All hours can be applied to Psychodrama certification process
THE TRAINER: MARY ANNA PALMER, LICSW,LMFT, CP
Mary Anna Palmer, LICSW, LMFT, is a board certified practitioner of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy with the American Board of Examiners (2003).
She is the Founder and Director of The Psychodrama & Psychotherapy Center in Eagan, MN. At this Center, Mary Anna offers individual, couple, family, group psychotherapy to clients and Psychodrama Training to Professionals.
She brings to her work 40 years of experience in the social work, mental health and family therapy fields. She has additional training in Gestalt therapy, Transactional Analysis, Neuro-linguistic Programming, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, Playback Theatre and MN Couple Communication
Mary Anna first began her experience in Psychodrama groups in 1982. Because her own experience of healing was so profound, Mary Anna has dedicated her career to teaching and sharing her passion for psychodrama, sociometry, and group therapy.
Please call Mary Anna 612-920-3745 or 612-309-7940
REGISTER BY SENDING $150.00 DEPOSIT TO:
The Psychodrama Center 2130 Cliff Road, Suite 200, Eagan MN 55122
Weekend schedule and Topics
Friday night , 2013 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Registration
6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Introduction, welcome, logistics, definition of terms and group-building
7:30 – 7:40 p.m. Break
7:40 – 9:00 p.m. Demonstration to psychodrama, warm-up, enactment and sharing
Saturday , 2013 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
09:00 – 10:00 a.m. Check-in, dyad work, Introduction to stages of child development
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. Doubling demonstration
10:15 – 10:30 a.m. Break
10:30 – 12:00 p.m. Applying the skill of doubling technique in triads
12:00 – 01:30 p.m. Lunch
01:30 – 02:00 p.m. Group process of self-presentation technique
02:00 – 02:30 p.m. Role reversal presentation and demonstration
02:30 – 04:00 p.m. Practice the skill of role reversal in triads
04:15 – 04:30 p.m. Break
04:30 – 06:00 p.m. Psychodrama demonstration: applying the skills
Sunday , 2012 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
09:00 – 10:30 a.m.Presentation of role theory and experiential exercise
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 – 12:00 p.m. Experiential role theory
12:00 – 01:30 p.m. Lunch
01:30 – 02:45 p.m. Application of psychodrama through demonstration
02:45 – 03:00 p.m. Break
03:00 – 03:30 p.m. Contra indications of using psychodrama
03:30 – 04:30 p.m. Questions, Answers and closure activity
Objectives Day One (Friday night): Participants will…
1. Learn three sociometric structures that participants can use
to warm up a group to action
2. Identify,describe and define the five instruments of psychodrama
3. Recognize and name the important philosophy of spontaneity and creativity in Morenean theory
4. Observe, investigate and rehearse three stages of psychodrama: (warm-up, enactment and sharing)
Objectives Day Two (Saturday): Participants will…
1. Investigate, identify and practice basic psychodrama techniques including: role reversal, auxiliary enrollment, empty chair and doubling
2. Recognize, describe, and summarize Dr. Jacob L Moreno’s theory of child development
3. Hear, observe and rehearse the basic language of psychodrama
4. Observe, practice and dramatize techniques of role reversal, auxiliary enrollment, empty chair and doubling
Objectives Day Three (Sunday): Participants will…
1. Identify and review the triadic foundation of Dr. J.L. Morenian’s Theory: psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy
2. Use psychodramatic role theory to construct, apply and operationalize practice with existing clients
3. Prepare, choose and use techniques of auxiliary enrollment and empty chair
4. Apply, utilize and dramatize psychodramatic techniques of individuals and groups: doubling, mirroring and role reversal
5. Distinguish and recognize situations when psychodrama should be / should not be considered as an alternative therapy.